Your placenta powder can be mixed into many different types of creams and emulsions to make an excellent skin healer.
Placenta creams have been used by the rich and famous for many years to combat signs of ageing. Placenta extract the active ingredient in Olay’s new Regenerist Ointment for the eyes!
How can placenta creams help you heal after birth?
Many people report that placenta creams and balms can:
- reduce the appearance of c-section scarring
- reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- heal sore or cracked nipples from breastfeeding
- reduce skin inflammation from eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
- reduce the appearance of ageing skin eg. lines, veins, sun-spots, wrinkles
- reduce inflammation for babies with nappy rash or eczema
A natural base cream manufactured by a reputable supplier would be the ideal cream to mix with the extract from your placenta. You can use your placenta cream on caesarean scars, as a nappy balm, healing cracked nipples and improving skin tone on the face.
Wonderful instructions on how to make your own placenta creams can be found in
Cornelia Enning, Author; Cheryl K. Smith, Editor.
2007. Motherbaby Press. ISBN 978-1-890446-40-6