Please ensure you have read and understood our disclaimer.
To be prepared and consumed within 24 hours of the placenta’s delivery. The smoothie is made of a 3 inch round piece of fresh placenta (the rest can be prepared into capsules or other remedies), a handful of fresh organic berries of choice, 1 whole banana, an organic apple and spring water. Simple and delicious…you really can’t taste the placenta!
“For me personally the increase in milk and the ease of feeding has been the greatest benefit. The raw placenta smoothie was noticeably helpful – the bleeding went from heavy to light in 5-10 hours. My mood and energy levels were also much higher than I expected. And it didn’t taste of anything other than berries which was a complete surprise – in fact it was quite delicious!” Kate, mum of two in London
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SPECIALIST FOR PLACENTA STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS AFTER BIRTH, APPROPRIATE PLACENTA CARE IS VERY IMPORTANT.
The raw placenta is known for its high contents of stem cells and growth factors which together heal damaged tissue and organs at an incredible rate. Consuming the placenta raw is the most natural and effective way to benefit from your placenta after birth.
Reported Benefits of Raw Placenta Smoothie:
Women consuming raw placenta smoothie have reported that it:
- Helps stop postpartum haemorrhaging and triggers the body to quickly heal internal wounds
- Significantly reduces blood loss
- Gives the body an immediate supply of essential vitamins and nutrients
- Provides the body with an immediate boost of hormones to begin healing the body after birth
- Gives the mother an immediate feeling of strength and balance
- Encourages breastmilk to ‘come in’ at day 2 post-partum rather than 3-4 days post-partum
- Eases the hormonal transition to postpartum and helps prevent the ‘baby blues’ around the time when milk engorges the breasts
Recipe for Raw Placenta Smoothie
This recipe gives a new mother an enjoyable post-birth revitalising fruit drink packed with her body’s own uniquely designed healing nutrients AND IT TASTES GREAT!
- 2 inch round piece of raw placenta (do not include membranes)
- 1 organic banana & apple
- 1 handful of organic berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries but ensure at least one is a red berry)
- (optional) Small handful of rehydrated goji berries (soak berries for 5 minutes in boiled water, then drain) GREAT FOR BOOSTING IMMUNE SYSTEMS WEAKENED BY A MORE DIFFICULT OR LONG LABOUR AND AFTER INTERVENTION OR C-SECTION BIRTHS
Blend fruits and add 50-150ml of water until smoothie is a drinkable consistency – serve immediately and should be consumed within 1 hour.
Smoothie sized portions of placenta can be frozen and used in smoothies throughout the early days too.
Information provided by IPEN Placenta Network, Professional Training in Placenta Services