Please ensure you have read and understood our disclaimer.
An essence is exactly that, it is the essence, the intrinsic nature, the soul, the fundamental quality of a particular person, place, or substance. The essence of your placenta holds a tremendous power to heal you and your child. An essence heals on an energetic or vibrational level, stimulating our vital force.
How to Make a Placenta Essence: a similar process to making a flower essence is used.
- A section of the raw placenta is tinctured in distilled water, not deionised water.
- Steep (allow rest) for about 4 hours in a well sun-lit room.
- The placenta is strained off using cotton wool or clean and unbleached coffee filter and a funnel into a clean amber glass bottle.
- To the strained fluid add enough drinking alcohol (vodka or brandy) to create half alcohol/half placenta water.
- This creates a long-lasting, pure placenta “mother” essence with a variety of uses.
- Store large amount in a bottle in a cool, dark place, keep a small amount in a dropper bottle for everyday use.
Dosage: It can be used during times of transition, illness, stress, emotional upheaval or hormonal imbalance. Suggested dosage is 1-4 drops in water. Store in a cool dry place, placenta essence should last indefinitely.
Placenta ‘Mother’ Essence may:
- stimulate the ‘vital force’
- help in times of distress, imbalance
- give energy and strength when ill
- keep indefinitely if stored properly
Photo kindly provided by Laura Dempsey