Approved by: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating. 1st Audit: June 2016, 2nd Audit: September 2018
LONDON NORTH, LONDON SOUTH, LONDON EAST, LONDON WEST
Fully audited and authorised by the Environmental Health Office, with the most recent audit taking place in September 2018, once again achieving a 5 star rating. I offer the UK’s first and only Placenta Collection Kit, specially designed for us by a leading bio-medical scientist with particular expertise in safe organ transportation for the NHS. I hold a 3rd party agreement with Smartcells in the procurement of cord blood. I was the UK’s first specialist to qualify as a Phlebotomist, trained in the procurement of cord blood and stem cells.
Offering Information and Advice on:
Placenta Encapsulation, Placenta Essence, Placenta Homeopathic Remedy, Placenta Smoothies, Placenta Tinctures, Simple Placenta Capsules, Steamed Placenta Capsules
WHAT DOES PLACENTA PRACTICE OFFER?
- Registered and Audited by Environmental Health Office.
- Commended by Environmental Health Office for “exceeding requirements for health and safety legislation” and for “working to a Gold standard”.
- All Placenta Practice cosmetics hold Product Safety Reports (Safety Assessments) in compliance with European Union regulation 1223/2009. Our creams and balms are all natural, using 100% organic ingredients. Every single one is individually handmade to order. Our unique formulas mean they are safe to use from birth.
- All remedies we produce are independently tested by a microbiologist and confirmed to be safe.
- Amanda holds both personal and premises alcohol licence.
- We use premium grade Organic Grain Alcohol (used in Placenta Essence and Placenta Tincture).
- Available to collect 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Speedy and tracked delivery by UPS, DHL and Royal Mail.
- We are on call for you from the moment you book, guiding you through the whole process.
- We operate out of a purpose built building, used solely for placenta encapsulation related work.
- Building is equipped to hospital standards.
- We only use high quality surgical grade supplies as used by the medical profession
- Only vegan capsules are used for placenta encapsulation.
- We provide a specially designed Placenta Collection Kit, first and only one of its kind in the UK. Kit has been designed for Placenta Practice by a leading bio-medical scientist in line with the World Health Organization’s Guidelines for the Safe Transport of Infectious Substances and Diagnostic Specimens.
- Amanda is also a qualified Phlebotomist working in partnership with Smart Cells – stem cells and cord blood collection and storage.
Registered and audited by Environmental Health Office. Both our processes and dedicated practice area are commended to be “exceeding all requirements for health and safety legislation” and we are said to be working to a “gold standard”. The inspection resulted in us achieving a 5 star rating on the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
* UK’s First * Encapsulation Specialist who is also a qualified and certified Phlebotomist, specialising in the procurement of stem cells and cord blood. I am authorised to perform collections of stem cells and cord blood under a 3rd Party Human Tissue license with Smart Cells. Stem cell therapy is currently being used to successfully treat more than 80 diseases. I work exclusively with Smart Cells, UK’s leading stem cells storage company.
* UK’s ONLY * Encapsulation Specialist to offer a specially designed and produced Placenta Collection Kit. Designed by a leading bio-medical scientist, with particular expertise in safe organ transportation for the NHS. The kit ensures your placenta is kept below critical temperatures during storage and transportation. This kit is the very first of its kind in the UK and the safest way to store your placenta. It includes everything you need to safely store your placenta, including ready to use pre-printed labels. Particular attention has been paid to the design of the kit to help reduce the unfortunate instances of lost placentas within hospitals.
Having worked in the childcare industry, and with women for over 23 years, I have a plethora of qualifications relating to my career (please see below).
I am able to collect your placenta from your home or from the hospital without delay and at very short notice if required. I am able to collect from all areas within 24 hours.
For further detail please visit my website www.placentapractice.co.uk or call me FREEPHONE 0808 1234 454
“Amanda made the process of placenta encapsulation very easy. She was prompt in getting the capsules delivered very shortly after birth. I have been waxing lyrical about Amanda’s service, and recommend her to all my pregnant friends.”
“Amanda was such a great help, listening to my questions no matter how silly I thought they were.”
“Amanda’s instructions were clear for both me and the midwives at the hospital. It was dealt with, with ease and professionalism. Getting my placenta to Amanda was seamless and my capsules were delivered quickly to my door.”
“I highly and strongly recommend Amanda’s placenta service to all my pregnant friends. It was honestly the best thing I have ever done. I will definitely get Amanda to encapsulate for me again!”
“I was really pleased with the service we had from Amanda at Placenta Practice. The information she provided was very informative (the midwives even commented about it as well!) and easy to follow.”
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Independent Placenta Encapsulation Network (IPEN) – Training
- Smart Cells Phlebotomist – qualified and trained in the procurement of umbilical cord blood and stem cells
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
- Professional Public and Product Liability Insurance in Placenta Encapsulation
- Pro Infection Control Certificate UK – NICE and HSE Blood Borne Pathogens Standard
- Level 2 Certificate in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Manufacturing – City & Guilds Accredited
- Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Catering – City & Guilds Accredited
- Group B Strep (GBS) Microbirth Certificate -Toni Harman
- Nutrition For Pregnancy and Baby
- BTEC Diploma in Nursery Nursing 1996
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Doula UK
- First Aid Certified with St Johns Ambulance
- OCN Maternity Nurse Practitioner Award
- MNT Post Natal Depression Certificate
- MNT Multiple Births Certificate
- Developmental Baby Massage and Movement Teacher with Peter Walker
- Active Birth Study Day – Janet Balaskas
- Birth Crisis Workshop – Sheila Kitzinger
- Biological Nurturing Seminar – Dr Suzzane Colson
- Breastfeeding Workshop – Ruth Tamir
- Breastfeeding Workshop Level 1 & 2 – Nurturing Birth
- Hypnobirthing Workshop – Lisa Jackson
- Supporting a Lotus Birth Study Day
- Rebozo for Pregnancy and Childbirth by School of Babywearing
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Gail Tully
- Water Birth Study Day – Dianne Garland
- Womb Healing Workshop – Bushra Finch
- Organiser and attendee Workshop – Mark Harris
GET IN TOUCH
Please visit our website www.placentapractice.co.uk or if you want some friendly advice or a chat regarding what you can do with your placenta you can call me FREEPHONE on 0808 1234 454
Training & Certification
Independent Placenta Encapsulation Network (IPEN) – Lynnea Shrief